Thursday, June 18, 2009

Life has come to be about two things....

I've decided today that there are two aspects of life you just can't get around, surprises and change.

I want to say Happy Father's Day to my dad, my Grandpa Jerry, and my Grandpa Joe. I love you all and hope you have a great day!! :-)

I also want to send my condolences out to the Derr brothers and family on the loss of their father this morning. I hope that they are able to help each other make it through this tragedy. Losing a loved one is never easy and to have it happen unexpectedly makes it twenty times worse.

My gilt didn't settle, so I'm not for sure what I'm going to do with her now. I was really bummed at first because I was looking forward to taking her to the show. I think her sister would've done a lot better, but she went to a good home. It's like she came running up to me saying, "Surprise!! I'm staying here longer!!" :-) I have become quite attached to her, but I know it's best to move her somewhere else, even if it is to your breakfast table. I don't like to think of it that way, but sometimes it's the way things work out.

Adam and I aren't for sure if we're going to be able to attend the Summer Type Conference either. Adam's work schedule may not allow it. I was looking forward to attending the annual meeting (my first year of voting!!), so I sent my ballots in, just incase we can't make it. Hopefully we'll be able to make it over for a little bit so we can see everyone we haven't seen since last year.

On a happy note though, we're both doing well and looking forward to everything we have going this summer. It's hard to believe that we're half-way through June already!!

Adam is going to start getting busier with livestock shows here in the next couple of months. I always enjoy watching him. I think it's amazing listening to him talk and then asking what he meant when he said it. :-) Simple terms work best for me. :-) Before we know it the state fair is going to be here and summer will be gone.

Well, that's all for now. I wish you and your family all the best and safe holiday travels for father's day. :-)

-Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment