Friday, May 1, 2009

Just Getting Started




I've decided to try my hand at the whole blog thing....with the help of Michelle hopefully it'll be cute soon. :-)

Adam and I've been keeping busy with work, school, and the pigs. :-)

I am still with Syngenta in Ames and enjoy what I'm doing. I look forward to all of the challenges and tasks that are to come in the near future!! I have a sow and a boar at my mom and dad's up in North Central Iowa and their 4 babies. I also have 2 gilts just outside of Ames. One is sold and should be leaving this weekend :-( and the other one will hopefully be shown as a bred gilt at the Summer Type Conference.

Adam is working on his masters and hopes to be done in December of 2009. Not too far away! He is going to have his masters in Animal Science, it's a broad based degree and not specifically towards nutrition, genetics, etc. He is still working at the ISU Swine Teaching Farm and would never leave if he didn't have to it seems like somedays. :-) Adam, Al Christian, and Al Conover (his dad) have 6 Berk sows together at a farm just outside of Ames. It's a "quaint" place as Adam's mom put it, but it gets the job done. They had the best farrowing season this February/March that I have ever seen! There are little piglets everywhere!!

We're getting ready to head to the World Pork Expo in 34 days!! :-) The Summer Type Conference is only 56 days away! I love show time! Plus the Michelle's (Keyser and Knight) are coming to the Summer Type to see us!! :-)

That's about all for now, but I'm sure I'll be posting often. :-)

Have a good Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment