Thursday, May 7, 2009

Rain, Rain Go Away :-)

What a day for a BBQ.... or something like that. The rain has come again today. Hopefully it stays away so we can enjoy our mother's day weekend!!

Nothing too exciting is happening with us. We spent last night making potato salad for a BBQ tonight and in the farrowing barn. :-) What a great way to spend an evening.

Adam dropped a bomb on me the other night... we were asked to make potato salad for his co-workers, daughter's graduation. It's a curse that grandma taught me how to make this. :-) We'll be so good at making potato salad when we're done it can be done in our sleep. It's nice that he asked us to do it though....and I think it speaks highly of our potato salad, but after all I did learn from the best!

The Pork Expo and Summer Type are getting closer and it's beginning to look like I now won't be able to attend due to work commitments. It's so hard when you have to choose if you want to pay your rent and bills or do something you enjoy and love. :-) I am excited for what I will be doing at work. I can't really say anything at the time, but hopefully it's a step in the right direction and can help further my career. Luckily Adam is very supportive and willing to help me out with chores and getting my gilt to the show if I can't be there. :-)

We're both excited for Mother's Day.... we're spending Friday night with Adam's dad and step-mom, heading to Rockford on Saturday to see my grandma, aunt, and mom, and then on Sunday Adam's mom and grandma are coming to walk around Reiman gardens. We hope the weather cooperates and makes the weekend pleasant. :-)
This is a picture of Clint and Heather's boy and Adam's ad for the upcoming Breeders Digest. What a sweetie! He stole my heart a couple years ago and is one of my favorites!!! :-)

Well, that's about all for now. Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment