Sunday, May 3, 2009

What a Weekend!

What a busy weekend! :-)

Thankfully we had the chance to enjoy the beautiful weather this weekend! Yes, most of it was spent out at the farms, but what better way to spend it?? The pens are clean which means one less thing for us to do this week. It's so nice to have the past couple weekends to relax and do things as we felt like it, instead of being rushed from place to place. :-)

We're kicking ourselves for not placing a bet on the Kentucky Derby...even though I don't think we would've bet on the horse that won. :-) What an upset!! Adam joked with his boss' wife that they could've run off together if they'd only placed a bet...Poor Shirley! We are getting excited to go and watch the ponies run in Altoona though. I can't wait to get my big hat to wear!! :-)

We were lucky and got to spend part of the day today with Adam's mom, grandma, brother, and step-dad. We enjoyed lunch and then headed to the farms to check out the pigs. :-) It was a sad day though b/c my first gilt sold as breeding stock left today. She went to a good home and will be taken care of...it's just always sad to see them go. Yes, I get way too attached! I guess that's how I got started in "my own" operation.

Now to get ready for a busy week. I'm so glad I don't have finals anymore!! :-)

Hope you all had a good weekend as well! :-) Maybe the nice weather will be here to stay for a while!!

No comments:

Post a Comment